Can’t seem to find your car keys? Your kids’ books seem to be everywhere? Do you think it’s time you looked for a bigger rent HDB property? Though things may point this way, it’s not always that you need to look for some larger accommodation. Many a time you have no place at home just because the existing place is full of clutter and nothing else!
Yes, no matter how big, or small your rent HDB flat is, if you don’t organize your belongings, you slowly but surely end up with too much clutter to manage. You don’t know where your things are, nor do you know where you should put things away.
These tips should therefore prove helpful at your coming out of your predicament so that you end up with more space and in the process, improve the beauty of your home.
- The first thing you need to do is clear out your desk as clean desks not only look better, but also increases your productivity. Then buy a strong filing cabinet or at least some portable file boxes which can store hanging file folders for better organization. Store desk supplies in an on-desk caddy or a drawer.
- Similarly, you could consider installing some drawers or sliding shelves under your cabinet. This provides a great way of discreetly adding some drawer storage space if your existing rent HDB house has limited drawer space. With these drawers in place, you can easily get rid of all accumulated clutter on your kitchen counter or dining room table. For even more space, install some shelves under the cabinets to easily slide out when needed.
- Just like you can improve your productivity by multi-functioning, you can increase the available space in your rent HDB property by investing in ‘multi-function furniture’ which also serve as storage units.
For example, a cedar chest may not only be used for storing blankets or clothing, but also make a great coffee table. Similarly, an antique chest of drawers improves the look of your living room and can also be used for storing linens, CDs or office supplies.
- If you look around your flat, you will realize that there’s lots of wall space wasted, which can be used to good use. You can hang pegboards on the walls to store your tools, hang all your pots and pans on walls and even install a few shelves to store your CDs, books and small belongings.
- Whether you know it or not, lots of space is ‘lost’ in a rent HDB flat. Use this space by creating additional storage options like installing a new cabinet or bookcase in the corners of dining rooms or on alcoves on either side of the fireplace. Instead of using lots of nails and screws, use construction adhesive like Liquid Nails and building supplies like MDF or bead board to build your shelves. For added attraction, you could perhaps add some facings and crown moldings on the edges.
These tips are so simple, you may in fact think why you’d never thought of it before! Just try out these tips and you will soon find you have so much extra space in your rent HDB wherein life just seems so much organized without any clutter!